Name Constraints, was Re: [caops-wg] Re: ca signing policy file

Von Welch vwelch at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 11 21:31:42 CDT 2005

Sorry Tony, I was unclear.

I meant to say that unless NameConstraints are adopted by CAs in
general (which probably means both "Grid CAs" as well as all the
various software packages our communities use to generate
certificates), we still need something like current ca signing
policies (i.e. relying party-specified name constraints).

I was mainly stating  that support by openssl for name constraints is
a step in the right direction, I didn't see it changing this need.

Von