[caops-wg] Re: ca signing policy file

Mike Helm helm at fionn.es.net
Sun Oct 9 17:53:35 CDT 2005

You all might want to look into a sort of movement that seems to exist in some
PKIX members.  I've picked up some microsoft certs recently that seem to have
AIA extensions that jump around missing links in the trust chain
(between the end entity cert you have, and the trusted issuer pre-installed
in your cert store).  Somewhere I have read a justification / method for
this but have lost track.  But there is at least one example of another variant
in a current draft in the IETF PKIX WG:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-crlaia-03.txt