[caops-wg] OCSP requirements - final(?) version uploaded

Mike Helm helm at fionn.es.net
Fri May 27 15:58:03 CDT 2005

Forgot 2 things:

p4
While OCSP supports querying of multiple certificates in a single request,
it is rarely used in practice or even supported in common off-the-shelf implementations

suggest
We recommend that developers of OCSP responder software for Grids support
multiple certificate queries in their products.  We enourage? recommend OCSP service
providers provide this support also.

[This is another complication that needs to be added to the discussion in 4.7;
don't think I hit it]

4.7 - discussion about delta CRL's.
This seems to be a discussion about 2 recommendations:
1) CA's - publish your CRL's directly to the (some) OCSP responder(s)
2) use delta CRL's to reduce size

Can we slim down those 2 paras to essentially say just that?

There is a need for a CRL req doc to pick up the more detailed argument.