[caops-wg] New Authentication Federation doc

Genovese, Tony tony at es.net
Fri Jun 17 15:04:06 CDT 2005

Hi Guys,

I have updated the old Authentication Profile document for GGF14. I have
updated the doc based on our experience with the work in EUGridPMA and
the chartering of the TAGPMA and the International Grid Trust
Federation. The document has a new title and can be found on the CA-OPS
website:

https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/caops-wg/document/Guidelines_for_Au
thenticaiton_Federations_in_Grids/en/1

The general goal is still the same - common specification for
Authentication services. The document contains the same type of content,
but now focuses on the Federations that are established by a new AuthN
service. A new AuthN service without a supporting federation is of
little value to operating Grids. This document will facilitate the
establishment of these federations and the specification of the AuthN
services they use.

Tony...