[cads] Virtualization and Grids

Craig Lee craig at rush.aero.org
Wed Mar 29 22:51:45 CST 2006

A goal of grid computing is having to compile-in or statically configure
as little as possible by out-of-band means.  I've been calling this
a posteriori computing (the opposite of having a priori knowledge).
This is addressed by virtualization in all of the areas mentioned here.
The real toughest nut will be true virtualization of service provisioning.
This is certainly a fundamental research topic.

--Craig