[BYTEIO-WG] Genesis II Client Error With UNICORE SByteIO Service

Mark Morgan mmm2a at virginia.edu
Fri Jul 27 09:39:49 CDT 2007

The good news is that Genesis II now correctly communicates with the
UNICORE implementation for all RByteIO operations!  That's VERY
exciting!  Unfortunately, we still have problems with the SByteIO
service resources.  Please find attached an example Genesis II client
message for SeekRead and it's response from the Unicore Endpoint (The
SeekWrite operation fails in a similar way).  If I take the fault string
from the soap fault message literally, I believe that the problem is
that the Unicore endpoint is looking for seek-origin strings of
"beginning" and "current position" instead of the URI's specified by the
ByteIO Recomendation document
(http://schemas.ggf.org/byteio/2005/10/streamable-access/seek-origins/beginning and http://schemas.ggf.org/byteio/2005/10/streamable-access/seek-origins/current respectively).

-Mark and Karolina