[BYTEIO-WG] ByteIO Interoperability Fiesta

Michel Drescher Michel.Drescher at uk.fujitsu.com
Tue Jul 24 04:21:42 CDT 2007

Hi Karolina,

thanks for the issues, they are pretty much exactly the same I found.
Should've spotted them way earlier. :(

However,

> Also, I wanted to bring an issue to everyone's attention:
>
>  There is a potential race condition brought on by the fact that the
> ByteIOInterop factory port type's DeleteResource operation is defined as a
> one-way message.

I don't see a race condition here. AFAIR the operation is defined as the
client sending a request that the resource (an EPR has been created for
before) shall be destroyed. The client then MUST consider this resource
destroyed, whether it is actually destroyed or not.

The only race condition I potentially see is on the server side; i.e. when
the server side implementation does not synchronize (in Java terms) method
calls correctly. But I would consider that an implementation detail, not a
messaging problem.

Cheers,
Michel