[BYTEIO-WG] Endpoints and WSDLs

Michel Drescher Michel.Drescher at uk.fujitsu.com
Fri Jul 20 08:33:39 CDT 2007

Hi,

I tried testing my client implementation against the EPCC endpoint.

I got a connect exception because I found a "localhost" in the wsdl:import
section for the RandomByteIO port. The top-level WSDL looks like this:

---------- SNIP ---------- SNIP ---------- SNIP ---------- SNIP ----------
<wsdl:definitions name="RandomByteIO">
<wsdl:import
location="http://localhost:8080/dai/schema/ogsadai/axis-specific-wsdl/rbyteio/RandomByteIO_bindings.wsdl"
namespace="http://schemas.ggf.org/byteio/2005/10/random-access/bindings"/>
	<wsdl:service name="RandomByteIOService">
	<wsdl:port binding="binding:RandomByteIOSOAPBinding" name="RandomByteIOPort">
<soap:address
location="http://test.ogsadai.org.uk:8080/axis/services/RandomByteIOPort"/>
</wsdl:port>
</wsdl:service>
</wsdl:definitions>

As my client is *not* pre-generated, but instead is a fully dynamic client
except for classes that do the SOAP Body XML serialisation, I do rely on
proper WSDLs being published; my client (well, JAX-WS) compiles  the
necessary binding classes at runtime.

So, in short, to participate in the Interoperability Fiesta as a client, I
do need published WSDLs that can be successfully resolved.

Cheers,
Michel