[BYTEIO-WG] ByteIO Interop Document

Mark Morgan mmm2a at virginia.edu
Tue Oct 3 10:32:04 CDT 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen,

On the telecon today, an issue was raised about the interoperability
document that needs to be addressed this week if possible (via email if
possible).  Basically, everyone seems to agree that we need to get WSRF
ResourceProperties to test the properties that part part of the ByteIO
specification (getting the size of a ByteIO resource, etc.).  However, I
personally am of the opinion that we should minimize the amount of
non-ByteIO specific mechanism that we test as our purpose is only to test
ByteIO and not WSRF.  That said, I think we should utilize the simplist
Resource Property operation, namely GetResourceProperty, but not use other
WSRF-RP operations such as QueryResourceProperties and
GetMultipleResourceProperties.  I just don't feel like their inclusion in
our test serves any purpose beyond interoperability testing of WSRF which
isn't our goal.  Thoughts?

-Mark

--
Mark Morgan