[AuthZ] AuthZ Glossary in Public comment

Richard Sinnott ros at dcs.gla.ac.uk
Fri Nov 19 04:00:10 CST 2004

Hi All,
A few notes/comments on the glossary.

Some terms are not defined which, given their relevance to the area of
security, I assume that they would/should be.

Accounting
Auditing
Authentication - (various associated terms are given authentication
credential/token, but not the term itself)
Confidentiality
Data integrity
Logging
Privacy

...also how about
Obligation

A couple of definitions I'm not sure about.

"Service" - not sure I like this definition (and there is a problem with
definition dependencies, "service: the component that mediates access to
a 'resource'" where a 'resource' is defined as "component that provides
or hosts 'services'").

Perhaps clarity to this can be gained by answering the question of
whether a container hosting a Grid service is a resource or a service?

"Trust" - why does this include taking actions? Should it not be

"The willingness to accept the risk associated with assertions made by
other parties"

A few minor typoes
Page 3 section "Attribute"  - ", .e.g., " drop the "."

References
LDAP - should be "Lightweight Directory Access Protocol"

My $0.02c.
Rich