[apps-rg] (No) applications workshop at GGF15 (Boston) ?

Thilo Kielmann kielmann at cs.vu.nl
Wed Jul 27 06:28:13 CDT 2005

Dear all,

looks like there is not much enthusiasm towards having another
applications workshop during Gridworld/GGF15 in Boston. (Or did I miss
a point?)

Also, IF GGF15 is supposed to have a community program with a lot of
events (as Geoffrey Fox keeps saying), then we may run into a lot of
competition for time slots and venues where authors submit papers to.

My current (personal) feeling is that I would prefer skipping GGF15 for the
workshop part, and have some other "normal" session for application
developers and users to meet.

Any opinions on this?

Regards,

Thilo