[appagg-rg] Re: Closure of remaining groups?

Ian Taylor I.J.Taylor at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Thu Jan 27 02:51:09 CST 2005

Hi,

     I'm not sure about appagg for me at the moment - it needed a burst
of energy which I haven't
been able to provide over the past year or so, with many other things
eating up my time (e.g.
writing a book..., 4 month visits to CCT, grant proposals, papers
etc...). Its been an unusually
busy time, or perhaps an indication of what's to come !  However, I'm
still interested in Appagg
and I am actively involved in projects here in Cardiff in this subject
but as for GGF, I'm not sure
I can steer this group at the moment.  If Dimitris wanted to take the
lead, however, then I'd be happy
to put in the effort to continue, but I can't see myself being able to
motivate this group to the level that it
should be. As for GGF's, I can't come to the Korean GGF but I'll be at
GGF 14.

cheers,

Ian

On 27 Jan 2005, at 06:53, Cees de Laat wrote:

> Dear p2p members,
>
> The p2p area has not seen much activity apart from a heroic effort to
> finish the doc in the ogsap2p research group. That doc is now in the
> editor pipeline and that group is closing down as discussed with
> Karan. The group will enter the "completed" state when the doc is
> published.
>
> So now I wish to understand if the appagg-rg is foreseeing any future
> activity or wish to meet at one of the next GGF's. If not or if I do
> not get an answer in the reasonable future I suggest also to close
> down the group.
>
> So please let me know if anyone in the p2p field wants to schedule
> anything in the next GGF in Korea or thereafter.
>
> Best regards,
> Cees.
> --
> http://www.science.uva.nl/~delaat/

Dr Ian Taylor, Lecturer in Distributed Systems,
School of Computer Science, Cardiff University,
Home Page: http://www.cs.cf.ac.uk/user/I.J.Taylor/
Phone: +447811103142, Fax: +442920874056