[ACS-WG] [acs-wg] Service Modeling Language (SML)

Michael Behrens michael.behrens at r2ad.com
Mon Jan 15 21:53:23 CST 2007

I agree that it is a step ahead.  ACS could manage an SML XML document
descriptor as well. :)
SML seems to me at first glance to weave together management and
deployment/provisioning and potentially more.  If a "complete" model is
rendered, then the model could be used to drive everything from
determining where to best provision something (based on the use of
constraints), and then know how to manage the system and dependencies.
Maybe I'm reading too much into it for now - I'll need to study it more
and try to figure out all the places where it can be applied.  It will
be interesting to see their scenarios.
There is also a mention of a database to store and distribute models
using the SML-IF potentially - a familiar pattern.