[acs-wg] NAREGI PSE material for F2F meeting

Motohiro YAMADA moto.yamada at jp.fujitsu.com
Tue May 24 04:43:38 CDT 2005

Keisuke and all,

Thank you for your discussion and comments. Here is a
response to your questions.

> 2. Questions to NAREGI PSE presentation.
> - Is our understandings above correct?

Yes, it is.

> - What does the blue box mean in slide 7.

The blue boxes mean OGSA related services covered by NAREGI
PSE. But they have no deep meaning.

> - In slide 7. Does the deployment information come from ACS?

No.
The deployment information means which machine has the
deployed application. The deployment information comes from
the application information via deployment client in
user-level service.

> - In slide 7, What does Information Service contain?

Mainly, Information Service provides resource information
such as a kind of cpu, os, available memory size and
software resources.

FYI, NAREGI Information Service uses DMTF-CIM (Common
Information Model) for managing the resource information.

> - In slide 8. Explain the below sentence.
> "NAREGI PSE will manage them outside of Application Repository."

This means that an application archive contains one specific
target. We are considering the relationship AA for source
files and AA for the binary will be managed in the Applicaiton
Information on left side of ACS box. I think it is relating
to the comments below.

> - Isn't it possible that single archive contains hierarchical applications
> and their relationship? IUDD can. ACS can contain that. CDDLM can deploy
> that. Additional work flow and/or controlling application will make them work.

Yes, of course. As we do not have a lot of information about
the capability of ACS, we have considered based on our
current Application Pool at present. We can continue to
discuss about it.

But about applying CDDLM to our deployment service, we have
the feeling that CDDLM is too complicated for our deployment
requirements, since our deployment service is focusing on a
legacy application and has completed before submitting a
job. So, we also need to consider our deployment service.

> Comments.
> - We understood that PSE creates as many archive as source code and compose a
> coupled simulation from multiple of those archives. It is doable using ACS,
> but we don't think this take full advantage of the integration capability of
> ACS.

As I described above, we welcome to discuss about it. Would
you give us the detailed information relating to the
capability of ACS later?

Regards,
--
  Motohiro Yamada