[acs-wg] Re: Feedback from review of requirements spreadsheet

Ziu, Peter peter.ziu at ngc.com
Mon Jan 31 09:27:09 CST 2005

Agreed with all your responses.  2.4e is clarified.  I think I am mistaken concerning the PKI DN data.  The PKI DN is the distinguished name (x509 standard) of an identity (string).  I was suggesting that we might need to make bindings of software/drivers to certain machine identities, not just classes of machine types.  To do this, we will need some way to work with the security folks to use x509 identities to target software to them (or a unique id that is bound to the DN).  I was just suggesting that perhaps some type of identity data will need to be stored/bound.  Although, the right place for that is still probably in the job description/constraints, and has already been handled?

Pete.