[acs-wg] Data transport with SOAP.

Keisuke Fukui kfukui at labs.fujitsu.com
Thu Aug 25 22:09:14 CDT 2005

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reviewing and comments!

Michael Behrens wrote:
> SOAP comments - looks good.
> I wonder if a distinction is necessary between having 1..n attachments
> or just 1 attachment.

Although it is not explicitly mentioned, the specification sounds like
that the URI as a reference in the SOAP message can point either attachment
in the multipart MIME or *external storage*. i.e. The URI could point either
of them without specifying which of them. If it is the case, I guess
we can get two for one by this; we can leave the decision up to the
clients and processed by the implementation of the ACS repository with
single rendering of the ACS Request message such as "Create".
If it is ever possible, counting may introduce the complexity.
Do you have specific demands to have counting of the MIME multi parts?

> Also, where is the AA Description information? (parameter to create
> porttype or as an attachment)

I intended in the diagrams as:
In the case of discrete type, it should be the first part in the multipart
MIME, besides the SOAP message. In the case of a bundled file, it is inside
the bundle.

BTW, I'm concerned with alternative specs that I listed as "other
specifications". Does anyone have knowledge of latest status for these?

> P.S. I have not had time to review the draft with regard to terminology
> and I know the deadline is today (tomorrow our time).

Thanks. I will wait for your posting.

  -Keisuke