[acs-wg] Reminder for Next call

Keisuke Fukui kfukui at labs.fujitsu.com
Tue Apr 12 02:53:14 CDT 2005

Folks,

Here is an info. for the call tomorrow. See you there!

  -Keisuke

### Logistics for the call
Date & Time:               Apr 12 Tue 19:00 EDT/Apr 13 Wed 8:00 JST
Dial-in Number:            1-702-851-3330  (Las Vegas, Nevada)
Participant Access Code:   7771111
*** The number is different from the usual one ***

### Proposed Agenda

1. Current status of the potential F2F participants:
Tom:     Not available in April.
Mike:    In Washington D.C., April or May, except for middle of April.
Pete:    (same as Mike?)
Keisuke: April or May, except for the first week of May, US or Japan.
Sachiko: April or May, except for the first week of May, US or Japan.
Naregi PSE team cannot be present this time in the U.S, but I will get
their requirements or proposals, possibly with prior meetings to
present at F2F. Also, they can join the meeting on the phone.

2. How does the Naregi PSE on-demand compilation model fit to the
   ACS and CDDLM?

It incrementally adds up the compiled binary for each of the
target platform to the part of the archive. They could be
variable depending on details such as version of the compiling
system and operating system even for an family of the platform.
It may affect on the consistency of the initial archive. To me,
it would be reasonable to have a separate class of the storage
for these from the original archive that is thought to be stable
and static.

If the binaries need to be created and stored in a repository,
is the process part of the deployment or execution? I would imagine
it is a part of the deployment, which is heavier in load than
deployments for the typical application, but still separate from the
execution of the program itself. If so, it means we need once
store the output of that type of deployment into the repository, and
later for the real execution of the application, it needs to be pulled
and deployed to the target platform. The process needs to be clarified
in terms of the interaction between ACS and CDDLM.

3. Other topics
- Security, naming, other install tools, etc...
- IUDD standardization status.

End of the call info.