Tue Mar 12 16:08:04 PDT 2024

notes “becoming yourself”, miller
> - we misused our triggers to escape, encouraging and confirming response
> at increasingly inaccurate things
> 1622

- “spinning” reads like the process by which “programs” are spread and
amplified. the example is when one part intentionally raises a triggering
cue (like “bomb the palace” maybe apologies), then “spinning” is what other
parts do to spread the impact to more areas.
1634 1635

> - memory work generally happens after a lot of groundwork has been laid
1658
- (!!! mind controlling friends, and setting up hypnotic believable stories
…? apologies :s)
1702
negotiation strategies:
- explanation of safety
- reduction of intensity
- reverse spinning, so things compress rather than spreading
- approaches that are maybe still it but are not harmful
one client was able to channel harming the therapist into a single
per-session pinprick (this seems like possibly a good idea :s)
another drew on their arm in red ink to replace raising blood
… 1707