mailbombbin mailbombbin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 16:46:41 PDT 2023

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 4:12 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
new unknown: diagonalization-lemma looks like obvious-formalization,
but understanding it further helps with issue with its use

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 4:13 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
great we can maybe study-repeat it

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 4:16 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
The diagonal lemma shows that in theories that can represent
computability, all formulas have a fixed point.

i don't think i agree wih that, maybe relates to formal definition of theory

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 4:17 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
what would it mean to not have a fixed point?

it w

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 4:18 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
so

selecting not working, but new unknown diag lemma: not obvious
formality. states every formula has fixed point.

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 4:20 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
wasn't using reference equality

diag lemma says g b g same g both sides
it asserts not that b and g can exist but that a g exists for every b.
strong claim

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 4:21 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
we expect diag lemma to cross logics

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 4:22 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
ybe mistake how absorb mistake

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 4:24 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
new unknown: "formula" in diag-def

1: The diagonalization of X is the formula (∃x)(x=⌈X ⌉ ∧ X )

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 4:28 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
the proof is broken into two lemmas
the first defines "diag(n)" (diag-def)
the second asserts formulas have fixed points

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 4:30 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
(it might be helpful to learn the formula syntax that uses an and?
symbol and looks a little like substitution

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 4:31 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
i figured it but itKs not stabilized in thinking

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 4:34 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
X is a formula containing x
diag(n) = ⌈(∃x)(x=⌈X⌉∧X)⌉
the expression means that -- waaaait !
I think it is saying that ... ohhhh

it's stating that x is X, and that the contents of X hold true, both
not sure why it says ∃x instead of something like ∃X but by the left
side they're equivalent

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 4:35 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
(so lemma 1 is talking about fixed points)

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 4:38 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
lemma 1 says that if you can serialize unary formulas you can
serialize the expression of them having a fixed point in this way,
(and that they are "computable" new-unknown ctxual might just mean you
can solve it)

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 4:44 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
so: lemma 1 says fixed point expression (oops)

...the proof of lemma 2 parts looks obvious but don't see how
conclusion arises, have not connected all parts. some not understood,
looks relates "theorem copy-paste not work with whole at once

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 4:48 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
Assume that D represents diag in T and let F be the formula (∃y)(D(x,y) ∧ B(y)).

i think this says that f says there exists a fixed point y in B

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 4:50 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
thought: i'm guessing godel issolving his own expression here
general proof of fixed-pointness, if youhave a metamath youcan solve
the expression ofpassing theexpfession toitself, for the parameter.
requiresconcievingof where self-refis and whereparameter is andmoving
unknown to one side

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 4:51 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
wait so um

x = f(

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 4:52 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
(we woulduse diff terms for describing domain andrange naybe confused

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 4:52 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
i don't believeitithink metasummarywrongor misinterpreted

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 4:59 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
i'm havingtrouble understanding itbrelatedto retaning andcomparing the
summariesformed after considering theparts

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 5:11 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
> Assume that D represents diag in T and let F be the formula (∃y)(D(x,y) ∧ B(y)).

> Choose G ≡ (∃x)(x=⌈F⌉∧F) as the diagonalization of F and let n and g be the Go ̈del

new unknown: guessing that triple bars are formal definition, 1 check

> numbers for F and G, respectively. By definition of diag we know diag(⌈F⌉) = ⌈G⌉ and

> thus D(n_, g_ ) must be valid in T .

> Furthermore G ≡ (∃x)(x=n ∧ (∃y)(D(x,y) ∧ B(y)) is logically equivalent to the formula

> (∃y)(D(n_ ,y) ∧ B(y)). Because of the functionality of D and the validity of D(n_,g_) this

> formula is equivalent to D(n_, g_) ∧ B(g_), which in turn is equivalent to B(g_).

substituted g for y which was F which expands to similarity containing B?

> Thus G is logically equivalent to B(⌈G_⌉) in T and hence |=T G_ ⇔ B(⌈G_⌉).

> Note that the diagonal lemma holds for Peano Arithmetic, as diag is representable in any theory that can represent the computable functions.

it's notable godel and peers must have been holding famikiar intuition
to develop and argue this. used structures to describe/simplify
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 5:20 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
let's rephrase for clarity

> diag(⌈X⌉) = ⌈(∃x)(x=⌈X⌉∧X)⌉

> Let f and g be the Go ̈del numbers for F and G, respectively.
> Let F be the formula (∃y)(y=diag(x) ∧ B(y)).

issue

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 5:20 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
more study8ng methinks unless typing easier and can pin to one part

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 5:22 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
i don't know what D(x,y) means when diag has only one variable
it looks like it relates to the outside vs inside of theexprrssion
like one is n and the other diag(n)

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 5:26 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 5:31 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
> diag(⌈X⌉) = ⌈(∃x)(x=⌈X⌉∧X)⌉
> Assume that D represents diag in T and let F be the formula (∃y)(D(x,y) ∧ B(y)).
new unknown: D(x,y) ≡? diag(x) = y

Add star  mailbombbin<mailbombbin at gmail.com>    Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 5:38 PM
To: "Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many"
<gmkarl at gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
- how did y turn to g_
- how is B(g_) isolated out of ∧

thinking about diag(n)
this stating that when a formula is substituted into itself, it is true
it is itself a formula that converts this statement to a godel number