mailbombbin mailbombbin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 13:06:42 PDT 2023

—
i just noticed i’m now getting password reminder spam
the password it reminds me of is a word a little associated with me
that i am unlikely to have selected
i don’t know whether the source of the reminders knows this or not

—
this is today’s xkcd transcript i see. it contains a coping puzzle.

[Black Hat is holding a stick and standing next to an image of an
iceberg halfway submerged in water, presenting to an unseen audience.]
Black Hat: A standard iceberg is only 10% efficient.
Black Hat: 90% of the ice is hidden underwater, totally wasted.
[Black Hat is now standing next to an image of the same iceberg, with
another "iceberg" almost entirely above the surface of the water to
the right of it.]
Black Hat: Our next-generation foam-filled iceberg achieves near-100%
efficiency, floating almost entirely above the ocean surface.
[Black Hat is still holding a stick, but is standing next to nothing.
There are no other people directly shown, but three distinct
'off-frame' voices are indicated.]
Black Hat: "But wait," you might be thinking. "How will such a
lightweight iceberg pose a threat to hubristic ocean liners?"
Black Hat: That's where the torpedoes come in.
Off-panel voice 1: I'm sorry, what project are you part of, again?
Off-panel voice 2: I assumed he was with you.
Off-panel voice 3: Security?