mailbombbin mailbombbin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 11:16:02 PDT 2023

"in any system of proof applied to this statement, the outcome proves
falsehood."

let's expand it in the same pseudologic

"[logic axioms] provability of expanded statements is equivalent to
their truth. statements are proven by proving their expanded
statements. [statement axioms] this statement is true [statement] in
any system of proof applied to this statement, the outcome proves
falsehood."

if we use a system of proof to prove it by deriving a contradiction.
this is a system of proof, so if the outcome proves falsehood, then it
must not be provable. this is a contradiction, so we did indeed prove
it false.

not only is the unexpanded statement true, whereas the expanded
statement is false, but the unexpanded statement makes a larger
statement -- it refuses to be proven true in any proving system at
all.

it's kind of like a rebellious child, or angry []: it is specifically
trying to break attempts to work it.

we could of course design a logic that proves it true, despite that
being contradictory with it.
we could accept that contradiction as not a problem in the logic.
basically, modus tolens again, and truth in general, would apply in
certain ways to make self-referentiality consistent. these are likely
mappable.

in fact, such a logic would maybe be needed to make things consistent here.