mailbombbin mailbombbin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 06:34:43 PDT 2023

Godel’s first theorem claims there are statements in every formal
system that are neither provable nor unprovable.

Boolos made a short proof, but it hinges in agreeing on a different
expression of the theorem: “There is no algorithm whose output contains all
true sentences of arithmetic and no false ones."

I think I’d be willing to accept that those two expressions are
sufficiently comparable challenges for now.