That "assassination politics" boils down to be being a minor variant on a well-established topic: the use of untraceable payments for contract killings

cherry cherry at cpal.pw
Mon Sep 11 15:44:36 PDT 2023

On 10/9/23 20:23, Peter Fairbrother wrote:
> Like most cypherpunk ideas - bitcoin, TOR, bittorent - it has a fatal
> flaw - it doesn't actually work as advertised.
>
> Suppose I am an assassin. I kill the target. How am m I going to get
> paid?  I don't mean some pseudoanonymous mechanism of payment, but who
> decides I get paid?
>
> Who do I complain to if I don't get paid?

You have a pseudonymous identity, and you can prove that a document
comes from you.

You issue a document that indicates that your pseudonymous identity was
connected to the assassination (inside knowledge, advance knowledge.
For example the hash of a document describing the intended details of
the hash is in preimage of a hash that is in the preimage .. of the
current root of a blockchain, so subsequently your pseudonymous identity
can prove knowledge of the details of the assassination in advance.
Other pseudonymous identities that wanted the target assassinated pay up
- or not.

If you are not paid, you pseudonymously complain to the public.  If you
were paid, they can prove that their pseudonymous identity paid your
pseudonymous identity.  If they cannot prove it, then no future
assassins will have regard for their bounties, so they lose power.