The Zimmerman cometh

pro2rat at yahoo.com.au pro2rat at yahoo.com.au
Sun Sep 10 21:08:01 PDT 2023

I'm so old I remember Phil disassociating himself from cypherpunks. It was around about that time Halfin said he wasn't a libertarian.

As for any " professional cypherpunk " they do not inspire confidence. Quite the contrary actually. Its like " military-grade encryption "

And quite brazenly oxymoronic. Feh!

" . . . Kropp on the other hand is a thinker. He proposes that a declaration of war should be a kind of popular festival with entrance-tickets and bands, like a bull fight.
Then in the arena the ministers and generals of the two countries, dressed in bathing-drawers and armed with clubs, can have it out on themselves.
Whoever survives the country wins. That would be much simpler and more than just this arrangement, where the wrong people do the fighting . . ”

― Enrich Maria Remarque, All Quiet on the Western Front