Cryptocurrency: Activism Required Now - Govt RAID Insane TX Tracking Data Collection Tax Theft Jailed SmallBiz Terrorist KYC PATRIOT

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 15:52:02 PDT 2023

You need to flood these idiot regulators with comments...

https://www.standwithcrypto.org/

https://treasuryraid.lexpunk.army/

Comment deadline Nov. 13:
https://x.com/CryptoTaxGuyETH/status/1716812425989910689

https://cointelegraph.com/news/irs-proposes-unprecedented-data-collection-crypto-users

https://www.regulations.gov/document/IRS-2023-0041-0001

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2023/10/23/2023-23449/proposal-of-special-measure-regarding-convertible-virtual-currency-mixing-as-a-class-of-transactions

I see tons of comments in this thread along the lines of "it doesn't
matter, they'll do whatever they want anyways." This is not true.
First, they have to process all the comments, per the Administrative
Procedure Act. This takes time and effort and at a minimum will delay
implementation. Second, if they blatantly ignore a large number of
substantive comments the regulation will be easier to challenge in
court once implemented. (And you can be certain this one will be
challenged in court if it gets implemented as is, if only because it's
so broad and unclear.) And third, if they get a huge amount of outcry
there's a chance they realize they're on thin ice and will at least
remove the worst aspects of the regulation.

So please don't be complacent and defeatist. This is a moment where
you can make a difference.

It only takes a few minutes to send a comment in and/or call your
representative. The website standwithcrypto.org shows how to do it
quickly.

The proposed regulation is here: Gross Proceeds and Basis Reporting by
Brokers and Determination of Amount Realized and Basis for Digital
Asset Transactions

This is devastation overbearing regulation that will require all CEXs,
DEXs (ALL DeFi) to track to KYC/AML all US based customers. Expect
most DeFi to leave the US if this occurs.

If approved it will go into affect staring January 2025 - only 14
months from now.

Thanks

https://ihodl.com/topnews/2022-09-02/dydx-introduces-new-kyc-verification-faces-criticism/

[–]cyger[S] 4 points5 points6 points 6 hours ago (1 child)

Thank you, I can completely agree. I can't believe the # of people
willing to just bow down to the IRS and let them do whatever they want
with their privacy.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]synthetichills -3 points-2 points-1 points 5 hours ago (0 children)

Only people bowing down are the ones who use transparent chains, I
couldn’t give a fuck what the irs wants to do

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]throwawayainteasy 2 points3 points4 points 2 hours ago (1 child)

I used to work at a government regulatory body. I can vouch for them
taking some comments seriously.

If your comment is along the lines of "fuck you" or "this is contrary
to what defi is for!" or "facists!" or anything pointless like that,
yeah, they'll ignore it.

If you can explain, dispassionately and based on actual facts, why
their proposal will be ineffective or counterproductive at achieving
their stated goals, is outside the scope of their statutory authority
(based on their actual governing legislation and judicial precedent,
not hand-waiving crap just talking about the constitution), or would
be in conflict with other established regulations, then they'll take
it really seriously and try to either explain why they disagree or
incorporate you comment into how they implement any final rule.

The system actually works, especially with relatively small agencies.
The biggest problem is there's lots pointless, garbage comments that
get made because lots of commenters think they're smarter than they
really are and say either meritless, pointless garbage, or give what
would be actual insightful comments but they are wholly unaware of the
actual regulatory structure of the government (as in, governing
legislation, administrative laws, precedent, etc).

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]serialmentor 0 points1 point2 points 1 hour ago (0 children)

Thanks for providing this insight. Have you looked at the comments
generated by the AI tool (https://treasuryraid.lexpunk.army/)? Do they
look reasonable?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]AutoModerator[M] 0 points1 point2 points 8 hours ago (0 children)

Here is a Nitter link for the Twitter thread linked above. Nitter is
better for privacy and does not nag you for a login. More information
can be found here.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please
contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or
concerns.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]kirtash93Crypto Ash Ketchum 12 points13 points14 points 10 hours
ago (2 children)

Fortunately I live in Europe but I encourage US citizens to fight for
the rest of us because this can be the first movement in a domino
effect.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Lillica_Golden_SHIB 2 points3 points4 points 8 hours ago (0 children)

Exactly this. If that is approved then it won't take long for me to
see it being rolled out here to Brazil.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]ArpFlush 2 points3 points4 points 8 hours ago (0 children)

Not much better in the EU (DAC8 etc.)

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Interesting-Month-56 21 points22 points23 points 9 hours ago (5 children)

Surprise!

Blockchain, designed to create trust in transactions while maintaining
anonymity… doesn’t maintain anonymity, rather it creates a tool for
government to monitor your every transaction.

Didn’t see that coming at all…

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Mr_Carry 5 points6 points7 points 8 hours ago (3 children)

Sort of. It can only maintain anonymity up until a point of KYC. Then
it's a guessing game of "follow that transaction"--with no verifiable
evidence of who owns which address.

That said: the end game of blockchain money is not KYC. It's
blockchain money. There will come a day--and i think sooner than we
think--where everyone realizes money is broken and crypto is actually
just way more convenient.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]megamaid12 0 points1 point2 points 6 hours ago* (1 child)

A computer can work that in less time than it takes to render this
page. Correlation is trivial at scale.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Mr_Carry 0 points1 point2 points 6 hours ago (0 children)

    Correlation is trivial at scale.

Not in a legal sense it's not. Beyond the KYC address, you still have
to prove ownership of some or many of the addresses in the chain of
transactions to reasonably establish who the addresses belong to.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]AvatarOfMomus 0 points1 point2 points 4 hours ago (0 children)

That's not how laws work mate... if the US government says "you need
to do these things or you're violating the law" and a Blockchain
system says "I am incapable of doing those things by design!" the
response of government isn't "well darn, oh well" it's "Cool, you're
illegal now. Banned."

Also nothing about Blockchain is more convenient than modern digital
banking and credit cards for like 99% of people...

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]J-96788-EU 7 points8 points9 points 5 hours ago (0 children)

It is a shame no one had invented Monero...

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Nirbhik 4 points5 points6 points 5 hours ago (1 child)

Keep calm, fuck the IRS and use Monero

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]trash_pickles 2 points3 points4 points 3 hours ago* (0 children)

Monero addresses all of the privacy concerns that are steadily growing
as crypto adoption and attempts at regulation continue to rise.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Sadistica6 2 points3 points4 points 8 hours ago (0 children)

Invasion of privacy, Spying, assholes half tempt me to move!!!

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Mr_Carry 2 points3 points4 points 8 hours ago (4 children)

> Expect most DeFi to leave the US if this occurs.

DeFi was never meant for being beholden to regulation.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]VinceP312 2 points3 points4 points 5 hours ago (3 children)

That's a good one.

"Hey Government, I'm doing this new thing over here. But it's not
meant for you. So there"

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Mr_Carry 1 point2 points3 points 4 hours ago (2 children)

I don't think you understand DeFi. It can be regulated about as well
as media piracy--they try, and they pass laws and some people comply,
and some people go to jail. But it's still accessible and easy, and
out of the reach of an increasingly over-reaching security state.
That's always been the whole point.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]basic_user321 0 points1 point2 points 2 hours ago (1 child)

Uuum. Didn't 1inch implement kyc recently?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Mr_Carry 0 points1 point2 points 2 hours ago (0 children)

> they try, and they pass laws and some people comply, and some people go to jail.

> some people comply

> some people

> some

But regardless 1inch is only one of many.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Ima_Wreckyou 2 points3 points4 points 6 hours ago (2 children)

If it's actually decentralized there is nothing to fear, you expected
this and you prepared for it.

If it's not decentralized.. Well you're fucked...

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]cyger[S] 1 point2 points3 points 5 hours ago (1 child)

Decentralized is still on chain. This is exactly what this rule is
targeting. They actually want your DeFi provider to KYC you. Read the
rules if you don't believe me.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Ima_Wreckyou 6 points7 points8 points 5 hours ago (0 children)

If it's actually decentralized then the "DeFi" is just a smart
contract and no one can add KYC. If you can, then it's not
decentraliced and hence it's not really DeFi.

This doesn't add KYC to DeFi, what it does is make actual DeFi illegal
in the US and criple their fintec industry for years by removing
access to new more efficient technology.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]totalolage 2 points3 points4 points 6 hours ago (0 children)

Use this too to easily generate and submit a comment:
https://treasuryraid.lexpunk.army

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]thomasnicole7 2 points3 points4 points 5 hours ago (0 children)

Typical government overreach. We need less regulation, not more. This
could really hurt crypto adoption.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Michichael 7 points8 points9 points 9 hours ago (3 children)

Cute that you think the citizenship has any influence over what the
tyrants want to do.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]cyger[S] 3 points4 points5 points 6 hours ago (1 child)

It does matter, it has changed rules in the past.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Michichael 3 points4 points5 points 6 hours ago (0 children)

Citation needed. I'd love to see a single example of the IRS backing
off of a rule that, in doing so, benefited anyone that wasn't a
millionaire.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Inaeipathy 0 points1 point2 points 2 hours ago (0 children)

It's cute that they think it's not already happening.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]trxrider500 9 points10 points11 points 9 hours ago (4 children)

They’re going to pass this “rule”. No amount of comments will stop them.

This isn’t a law. It’s an agency rule. An executive agency in the US
can arbitrarily pass any rules they want. Remember net neutrality?

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]serialmentor 4 points5 points6 points 8 hours ago (0 children)

Comments may not stop them, but they will delay them. They have to
process all the comments that are filed. I've seen estimates that
every 1000 comments can delay implementation by a year.

Also, comments can make a difference in a later legal challenge of the
rule. So please don't be complacent. It makes a difference whether you
speak up or not.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Lillica_Golden_SHIB 3 points4 points5 points 8 hours ago (0 children)

    This isn’t a law. It’s an agency rule. An executive agency in the
US can arbitrarily pass any rules they want.

This, sadly. My ass they will "listen" to citizens...

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]CryptoChief -1 points0 points1 point 5 hours ago (1 child)

"Net Neutrality" would have required additional government
intervention. Therefore, It wouldn't have been neutral.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]trxrider500 0 points1 point2 points 3 hours ago (0 children)

You can’t be that dense

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]aminok 1 point2 points3 points 5 hours ago (3 children)

Can you please post this in /r/EthTrader? I'll sticky it.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]cyger[S] 0 points1 point2 points 3 hours ago (2 children)

No, because the cross posting rules from /CryptoCurrency are tough.
But you are welcome to copy and paste and post it word for word.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]aminok 0 points1 point2 points 3 hours ago (1 child)

Just to clarify, /r/CryptoCurrency rules say you can't create a new
post in a different subreddit with the same text as a post in
/r/CryptoCurrency?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]cyger[S] 0 points1 point2 points 1 hour ago (0 children)

I can't link to this post from another reddit thread, but you might be
able to. I've not memorized the rule book, but I've been banned for 2
months previously for cross posting, so not taking any chances.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]gr8ful4 1 point2 points3 points 4 hours ago (0 children)
All "DEX" but bisq.

You guys still need to learn what decentralization is about and that
"DEX" built on Ethereum and other smart contract chains may look more
sexy and convenient at first than those built as P2P networks similar
to bittorrent, but they more often than not have a CEO and a company
or a foundation behind them taht will be pressured by big government.
Simply stop using pseudo DEX.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Tipyapha 1 point2 points3 points 6 hours ago (0 children)

The US is a hysterical nation.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]CRTsdidnothingwrong 1 point2 points3 points 8 hours ago (3 children)

Damn, it seems like your crypto must have a problem if the IRS can
monitor your on chain activity.

I don't have a problem with them using all the tools they have to
enforce the tax laws. If you want the laws changed, change those not
hamstring the enforcement. If you don't want your on chain activity
monitored, try using crypto that would prevent that.

Don't use plain public ledger crypto and then say "aww man, the
government can't look at this public information I'm putting out
there, that's not fair".

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]cyger[S] 0 points1 point2 points 6 hours ago (2 children)

Easy to say, then next they will ban your privacy coin, what is to stop them?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]synthetichills 1 point2 points3 points 5 hours ago (0 children)

They can ban Pythagoras theorem, doesn’t mean they can enforce it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]CRTsdidnothingwrong 0 points1 point2 points 5 hours ago (0 children)

Idk, I live in America not the communist EU.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]liquid_at 3 points4 points5 points 10 hours ago (0 children)

iirc, crypto was intended as an alternative to corrupt markets.

Those having been early in crypto now wanting to turn crypto into what
the CeFi world already is, a corrupt market full of criminals, seem to
have forgotten that, but accidentally discovered how billionaires
think.

Crypto is intrinsically public. It's a feature, not a bug.

If you do not trust your government, move to a country where you trust
the government.

Crypto will not change your issues with your own government. The only
thing that changes issues with your government is an election.

Don't try to turn national problems into a global problem.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]I_talk 0 points1 point2 points 1 hour ago (0 children)

This is why low cap PoW privacy coins are the hidden gems and talking
about them gets removed. BitcoinZ is my favorite.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]HispidaAtheris -1 points0 points1 point 9 hours ago (1 child)

They will do this regardless.

This is the reason why they are ready to embrace crypto in the first
place, it's way easier to track than regular transactions.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]cyger[S] 1 point2 points3 points 6 hours ago (0 children)

So you bow down to government for every crazy rule the propose? We
should demand privacy with our peer to peer transactions.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Instantbeef -1 points0 points1 point 10 hours ago* (2 children)

I haven’t read it but wouldn’t it be simpler to do it on the wallet
side if they wanted to do this? Wallet providers KYC you before giving
you a wallet.

That way defi doesn’t need to do shit, wallets are not protocols but
businesses, and then it would no peer to peer transactions too for
money laundering.

I don’t think either is necessary. Especially if the government thinks
it’s worthless lol.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]cyger[S] 1 point2 points3 points 6 hours ago (1 child)

Sometimes I set up test wallets, one time wallets for a layer 2 or
just to experiment. Needing to KYC for a wallet is an overreach in my
opinion. Would you want the IRS to know what is in the wallet in your
pants at all times, and what you spend your cash on in every case?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Instantbeef 0 points1 point2 points 6 hours ago (0 children)

Totally correct, I guess I was speaking from the point of view of the
government lol.

I don’t want any of it. From my perspective it is all an overreach.
But wouldn’t KYCing wallets better do what they are trying to do lol?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Jlt42000 -1 points0 points1 point 1 hour ago (0 children)

This is needed regulation for mass adoption. If you aren’t evading
taxes or making illegal purchases it won’t even have an effect on you.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]CryptoNerdSmacker -3 points-2 points-1 points 8 hours ago (1 child)

And this, ETHlords, is where you realize you fucked up.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]rocket_beer -2 points-1 points0 points 8 hours ago (0 children)

OP u/cyger,

You’re missing the point. They designed the bill so that they can do this!

We have to first find a candidate that has our views.

You are asking the group of people who drew this up to change their minds?

Ludicrous! We need to have candidate understand our positions. Not the
other way around…

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[+]PapaOscar90 comment score below threshold-9 points-8 points-7
points 9 hours ago (0 children)

Speak up for it. KYC everything. Stop the criminals.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]StrangeInsight 0 points1 point2 points 10 hours ago (7 children)

Why would they need DEXs to do this? If it's on an exchange you have
ingress and egress info... What am I missing?

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]cyger[S] 3 points4 points5 points 10 hours ago (6 children)

That is why this rule is so devastating, it is written to apply to
DEXs with the US claiming it is to prevent money laundering of bad
actors.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]ArchmageXin -3 points-2 points-1 points 9 hours ago* (5 children)

So? All Banks and Financial institutions have to do the same. If
cryptos DEXs claim to be a legit institution and not just "pass
criminal/terrorist money", then it have to be held to the same
standard.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Raikaru 2 points3 points4 points 9 hours ago (3 children)

Where did you read the word CEX?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]ArchmageXin -3 points-2 points-1 points 9 hours ago (2 children)

Sorry, DEX. Coffee haven't kicked in yet.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Raikaru 4 points5 points6 points 9 hours ago (1 child)

Which DEX claims to be an institution? DEXes run on chain without any
input from anyone. Even if the founders died the DEX would still work
fine.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]ArchmageXin -4 points-3 points-2 points 8 hours ago (0 children)

Then it is probably illegal in the US?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]cyger[S] 1 point2 points3 points 6 hours ago (0 children)

DEXs simply allow peer to peer trading, which we should be allowed to
do privately.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]anythingbutwildtype 0 points1 point2 points 8 hours ago (0 children)

On another note, FinCEN has a rule to regulate single use wallets and
mixers/coin join out of existence. This is currently up for public
comments, but it is clearly asking for banking and financial comment,
not retail (as if they give a damn what we think):
https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2023/10/23/2023-23449/proposal-of-special-measure-regarding-convertible-virtual-currency-mixing-as-a-class-of-transactions

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]commonsenseulack 0 points1 point2 points 4 hours ago* (0 children)

I love people here believing defi will last.

Governments won't allow it unless they have a way to track it all
and/or get their cut. That is really what it comes down to.

US government acts like mobsters in this regard.

Crypto will usher in extreme tyranny, not freedom.

Look at events worldwide. There is a huge push to put up cameras in a
ton of cities across the world for crime and green energy use
(monitoring us). In this little town next to me, literally a few
thousand people they are installing cameras on majority of the streets
to "help reduce crime". Lmao, ok sure.... it is a very Progressive
town, filled with wealthy people (average home is between 900k-1m),
and the crime is minimal....

We are watching our freedoms be destroyed right infront of us.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]BrocoliAssassin 0 points1 point2 points 3 hours ago (0 children)

Love how we are always led to believe there is nothing you can do
against the wealthy and yet the IRS is trying to make every single of
crypto access point KYC’d/AML.

They were super quick to get that going and yet with trillions in debt
theres been barely anything done.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]gandrewstoneOfficial Nexa 0 points1 point2 points 3 hours ago (0 children)

I'm not seeing where it requires KYC on DEXes... but its a lot to
read. Can you cite that to save us all a lot of pain?

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Racecarlock 0 points1 point2 points 2 hours ago (0 children)

So, the dollar's gonna collapse and you guys just expect the
government to switch to a currency with very spotty regulations and no
taxes or tracking?

How high are you guys?

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]tsuiteruze 0 points1 point2 points 2 hours ago (0 children)

wow, did you know dYdX requires KYC including a face scan. They cannot
be considered as a
DEX.https://ihodl.com/topnews/2022-09-02/dydx-introduces-new-kyc-verification-faces-criticism/

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]goldenbuyer02 0 points1 point2 points 1 hour ago (0 children)

I am all for KYC everywhere. Crypto space has enough scams and
anonymity helps them become even more.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]tdempsey33 [score hidden] 39 minutes ago (0 children)

KYC is the ONLY way you will get mass adoption and moonshot valuations.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]somedudenamedjason [score hidden] 10 minutes ago (0 children)

Thanks for the heads up. Went and commented. Fuck this dusty, ass
backwards country.

[–]Smiling_Jack_lockchain Old Guard 125 points126 points127 points 1
day ago (7 children)

The year is 2023.

This is entirely precedented lol

We've been living in a data collection dystopia since at least 2001.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]SoggyChilliBuy high, sell low 29 points30 points31 points 1 day ago
(6 children)

They've been collecting it but didn't know to use it properly. AI is
going to change that in the very near future

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]sudomatrix 19 points20 points21 points 23 hours ago (5 children)

Fuuuuuuck. "AI: make a list of everyone who donated to this cause. Now
make a list of everyone who had a crypto transaction with a person on
the first list. Now cross-reference the transactions with the records
from vendors and merchants to de-anonymize the people. Send that list
to enforcement. Let's make some examples."

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]RaYZorTech 6 points7 points8 points 21 hours ago (1 child)

Bitcoin bad... Monero good.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]EndSmugnorance 0 points1 point2 points 6 hours ago (0 children)

MONERO GOOD

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]SoggyChilliBuy high, sell low 0 points1 point2 points 11 hours ago
(2 children)

Yeah it can also make things like sending a text message to buy drugs
actually get you caught

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]sudomatrix 0 points1 point2 points 5 hours ago (1 child)

You have a lot more blind trust in people than I do if you think these
abilities will only be used for good purposes, and will not be abused.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]SoggyChilliBuy high, sell low 0 points1 point2 points 5 hours ago
(0 children)

I'm not saying it will be good

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]coinfeeds-botApproved CC Bot 24 points25 points26 points 1 day ago
(0 children)

tldr; The IRS has proposed new data-collection requirements for
cryptocurrency users, as mandated by the Infrastructure Investment and
Jobs Act. While the proposal is not as severe as it could have been,
it still raises concerns about privacy and financial surveillance. The
IRS's approach focuses on whether businesses have the ability to
collect customer information, rather than whether they actually do.
This expansion of financial reporting requirements is part of a
broader trend in the US government. However, it is important to
question the premise of such surveillance and protect individuals'
privacy rights. Ultimately, the responsibility to reform the system
lies with Congress.

*This summary is auto generated by a bot and not meant to replace
reading the original article. As always, DYOR.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]chocolateboomslang 9 points10 points11 points 21 hours ago (0 children)

Irs can't find a few billionaires but they're going to chase you guys
for pocket change.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Lillica_Golden_SHIB 74 points75 points76 points 1 day ago (8 children)

IRS can go fuck itself.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Yautja69 28 points29 points30 points 1 day ago (4 children)

So can Reddit while we are at it

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]SarcasticImpudent 5 points6 points7 points 21 hours ago (2 children)

Wait… Reddit can fuck itself or the IRS?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Yautja69 4 points5 points6 points 16 hours ago (0 children)

They can both go fuck themselves

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[+]938h25olw548slt47oy8 comment score below threshold-10 points-9
points-8 points 21 hours ago (0 children)

You can leave at any time.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]DistributionAlive192 1 point2 points3 points 22 hours ago (0 children)

Well the money they got, did go to fucking.... just might not be itself

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]gr8ful4 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (0 children)

No, they will fuck you if you don't use DEX to aquire noKYC Monero.

There will be a hard landing for 99% of "crypto investors" including
most Bitcoin maxis.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]AlternativeCredit -1 points0 points1 point 20 hours ago (0 children)

For doing it’s job?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Soft-Engineering-460 17 points18 points19 points 1 day ago (2 children)

They can absolutely collect DEEZ NUTS!

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]SimbaTheWeasel 2 points3 points4 points 22 hours ago (1 child)

Careful friend, there’s probably an actual tax for that

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]PracticalLavishness 2 points3 points4 points 17 hours ago (0 children)

DEEZ ROTH NUTS

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]BrocoliAssassin 25 points26 points27 points 1 day ago (8 children)

"The Biden administration estimated that only $2 billion would be
received over the next 10 years."

An entire 2 billion in 10 years!! After all that nonsense Biden and
Warren spewed out of their mouths this is the big tax evasion that's
contributing to our 33 trillion + debt??

Pure clown show.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[+]AlternativeCredit comment score below threshold-11 points-10
points-9 points 20 hours ago (4 children)

Spoken like a true idiot.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[+][deleted] 20 hours ago (2 children)

[deleted]

[+]AlternativeCredit comment score below threshold-6 points-5 points-4
points 20 hours ago (1 child)

Keep trying to learn basic economics kido.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Put-the-candle-back1 0 points1 point2 points 7 hours ago (0 children)

    this is the big tax evasion

No, it's the portion they expect to catch.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]ricozuriPlatinum | QC: CC 25 5 points6 points7 points 1 day ago (0 children)

WTF. In this instance, wish that this article was truly unreliable.
But, it isn’t. Once again they pass and sign a bill that sounds all
warm and fuzzy about infrastructure.

And of course, at the last minute they tack on onerous KYC crypto
provisions so they can squeeze out every last cent from taxes.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]SoggyChilliBuy high, sell low 10 points11 points12 points 1 day ago
(5 children)

I keep saying that I'm only going to buy XMR on CEXs and do all other
trading via dex but I haven't yet. Maybe starting in 2024 I will

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]SimbaTheWeasel 2 points3 points4 points 22 hours ago (1 child)

Which CEX? Don’t most CEXs have KYC?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]SoggyChilliBuy high, sell low 3 points4 points5 points 22 hours ago
(0 children)

Yeah, they would only know how much I bought and sold which would only be XMR

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]cyger 0 points1 point2 points 10 hours ago (2 children)

This bill is aimed at Dex's/DeFi. All Dex's will also need to KYC you
if in a US jurisdiction if this rule goes through.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]SoggyChilliBuy high, sell low 1 point2 points3 points 10 hours ago (1 child)

Impossible

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]cyger 0 points1 point2 points 10 hours ago (0 children)

Read the proposed IRS rule here: Gross Proceeds and Basis Reporting by
Brokers and Determination of Amount Realized and Basis for Digital
Asset Transactions

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]sluggz9 13 points14 points15 points 1 day ago (0 children)

The irs can come pry my tokens and my identity from my cold dead anonymous hands

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]sn0wballa 13 points14 points15 points 1 day ago (2 children)

KYC enthusiasts, look what you've laid the bricks down for.

Satoshi is rolling in his grave watching all this dumb sht unravel..
what this project really could've been..

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[+][deleted] 22 hours ago (1 child)

[deleted]

[–]devilldog 0 points1 point2 points 19 hours ago (0 children)

For sure. That sort of thing should be reserved for governmental use only...

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]FSUAttorney 9 points10 points11 points 1 day ago (0 children)

The government is fantastic at spending a dollar to make a dime.
That's about all it can do well

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]fairysquirt 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago (0 children)

They just want to build a legal framework around what they are already doing

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Do_u_ev3n_lift 6 points7 points8 points 23 hours ago (0 children)

Dude. Fuck the IRS. Seriously..

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]xxdibxx 2 points3 points4 points 17 hours ago (0 children)

In other words ,” we have all this data that we legally cannot use,
let’s announce we want to collect info for the potential of collecting
lots of money from rich non-reporters. Then we can use it and screw
the normal people”.

There. i fixed it for you.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]fnetma 2 points3 points4 points 17 hours ago (0 children)

Seems like a breach of the 4th amendment

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Novel-Counter-8093 5 points6 points7 points 1 day ago (0 children)

straight outta cyberpunk

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]gr8ful4 7 points8 points9 points 1 day ago (2 children)
MONERO

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]DadofHome 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (1 child)

Ring signature is a beautiful thing .

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]SimbaTheWeasel 0 points1 point2 points 22 hours ago (0 children)

I love the moon count homie 🤝

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]phoenix_73 4 points5 points6 points 1 day ago (0 children)

No surprises there really is there. Is all about control. The US and UK similar.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]yeahdixon 1 point2 points3 points 16 hours ago (0 children)

They won’t let it be legal without being able to tax it .

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]MyMoMrEgReTs 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago* (0 children)

They want to catch Snowden so bad bro

They can fuck themselves tho

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]tianavitoli 2 points3 points4 points 22 hours ago (1 child)

IRS: yo dawg we heard you liked crypto...

me: ...

IRS: so what's up, you know holden?

me: what?

IRS: holden caulfield bitch proceeds with the violence

IRS: stop hitting yourself, why would you do that, you know you don't
have to give us your wallet, you can stop at anytime you know that
right. now there there

remember to file your w-2's n***a, you don't want us to have to come
back here and give you your refund bitch

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]SimbaTheWeasel 2 points3 points4 points 22 hours ago (0 children)

😂 aye dawg this is out of pocket

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]ILoveYouGrandma 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago (1 child)

F-ck the IRS, now and forever.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]SimbaTheWeasel 1 point2 points3 points 22 hours ago (0 children)

Lots of hate in this comment, but lots of love in the username

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]SetoXlll 1 point2 points3 points 23 hours ago (0 children)

They can collect THESE FUCKING NUTS!

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]DingDongWhoDis 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (2 children)

https://www.boats.com/boats-for-sale/?class=power-highperf

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]DingDongWhoDis 0 points1 point2 points 23 hours ago (1 child)

I'm still constantly downvoted in this sub. Did I step in something??

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]AlternativeCredit -3 points-2 points-1 points 20 hours ago (0 children)

Clearly people trying to hide income here.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]couple4hire 0 points1 point2 points 23 hours ago (0 children)

its called blockchain analysis, while it is tedious and time consuming
work. A AI system that don't sleep and can run millions of
calculations in seconds can follow a user blockchain from the time of
wallet creation to present day is a matter of days depending on their
usage history

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Ab2us 0 points1 point2 points 22 hours ago (0 children)

Can I take my bags with me to Kenya?

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Soft-Engineering-460 0 points1 point2 points 22 hours ago (0 children)

Yeah probably...lol

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]look-at-them 0 points1 point2 points 13 hours ago (0 children)

I'm starting to think the IRS can't be trusted!

/s (just in case)

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]jwz9904 0 points1 point2 points 12 hours ago (0 children)

unreliable source.......

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Nirbhik 0 points1 point2 points 9 hours ago (0 children)

fuck the IRS…hodl in XMR

    embed
    save
    report