Video: Today (Nov. 17, 1973) is the anniversary of Nixon's 'I am not a crook' speech at Disney World | Orlando | Orlando Weekly

Gunnar Larson g at xny.io
Fri Nov 17 03:10:33 PST 2023

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/arts/today-is-the-anniversary-of-nixons-i-am-not-a-crook-speech-at-disney-world-8608071

On Nov. 17, 1973, President Richard Nixon was knee-deep in the Watergate
controversy when he arrived at Disney's Contemporary Resort to give his now
infamous "I am not a crook" speech.

In an attempt to quell the outrage surrounding his presidency's involvement
with the scandal, Nixon spoke before the Associated Press Managing Editors
annual conference, and it was actually during a Q&A portion of the speech
where he blurted out the words that would ultimately define his legacy.

----

In other news, it would have been somewhat hilarious, if Orlando was
sending a signal to the Universe on our SEC pension wistle blowing:
https://news.bloomberglaw.com/securities-law/musks-twitter-buyout-challenged-by-florida-police-pension-fund

Elon Musk’s $44 billion buyout of Twitter Inc. was challenged in a lawsuit
by a Florida pension fund that argues the deal can’t close before 2025
because Musk was an “interested shareholder” in the social-networking
platform.

The Orlando Police Pension Fund filed suit in Delaware Chancery Court on
Thursday. According to the complaint, Musk had agreements with other major
Twitter shareholders -- including founder Jack Dorsey -- to rely on their
holdings when offering to take the company private last month. Those
arrangements triggered a Delaware law that calls for a three-year delay in
closing such deals, the fund ...