My new article - Georgia hasn't, and can't, certify crucial vote software update

Sat Jul 8 18:18:08 PDT 2023

Douglas, to state this more clearly, you are doing rare work, but
these mailing lists are filled with influences working hard to stop
that work.

I thought about this a little bit and I think if you wanted more
constructive feedback a good place to look could be in-person
conferences attended by hackers.

Back in the day of cypherpunks (when I was just a teenager and
couldn't really travel) conferences were where communication could
really happen. In-person communication can't be intercepted, waylaid,
mutated, profiled, trolled, etc nearly as easily as online
communicatoin. It's much more trusted and much higher quality.

Big cities have their own conferences that I don't know well.

Historically one of the major groups was something like the chaos
computer club in germany. They actually have a conference coming up
the start of next month: https://2023.mrmcd.net/ . My memory might not
be putting the words together right, but back in the day something
like these groups seemed like one of the primary grassroots infosec
communities in the world. I haven't been to germany myself.

Finding a local group like a cryptoparty or such can find people who
can guide to more conferences. I'm thinking you might have been to
conferences, I'm probably forgetting something here, not sure.