mailbombbin mailbombbin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 17:18:04 PST 2023

this is my message history with mishmear. it is private information of
mishmear and me. i am posting it here to be able to find it without access
to my discord account.

   1. xloem — Today at 1:47 PM
   i poked at modding my device but got scared and want to make sure it is
   running the correct files. i’m not sure how to reflash with the app if
   it is already up to date.
   2. mishmear — Today at 2:07 PM
   xD
   3. [2:07 PM]
   you should be able to do it by just plugging it in for 15 second unplug,
   repeat 3 times then 4th time leave it in and it should try to update to
   latest firmware
   4. xloem — Today at 2:08 PM
   oh great !
   5. mishmear — Today at 2:12 PM
   It’s a bit buggy make sure you do at least 15 seconds each time
   6. [2:12 PM]
   Takes a few attempts sometimes
   7. xloem — Today at 2:43 PM
   i’d rather talk in public but the questions surprise me and i worry i
   have an internet censor — is the backend development closed?
   8. mishmear — Today at 2:43 PM
   Not sure what you mean what backend dev?
   9. xloem — Today at 2:44 PM
   i’m losing my sanity over here [image: 🙂]
   10. [2:45 PM]
   i use a chain called arweave for storing huge logs of data, excited to
   try hivemapper too
   11. mishmear
   Not sure what you mean what backend dev?
   xloem — Today at 2:46 PM
   i mean the firmware and companion app and network node software, but i’m
   having a personal psychological issue atm and should come back later
   [image: 😂]
   1
   12. xloem
   i use a chain called arweave for storing huge logs of data, excited to
   try hivemapper too
   mishmear — Today at 2:47 PM
   Hivemapper is insane at the moment o make about $1,000-$1,500 a week
   13. mishmear
   It’s a bit buggy make sure you do at least 15 seconds each time
   xloem — Today at 2:48 PM
   0_0 you could more than pay to full-res livelog your drives to arweave
   with that
   14. [2:50 PM]
   i’m currently homeless, i drive cross country a lot to find support
   groups and therapies for my rare issues, i hope hivemapper works for me
   15. mishmear — Today at 2:52 PM
   You will make a lot I drive 2000km a week for $1000
   16. xloem — Today at 2:56 PM
   we’ll see. it would be great. car is in repair. start driving in a few
   days.
   [image: 🤜]
   2
   17. [2:58 PM]
   i found the firmware url; do you know whether it is supposed to be
   private or public?
   18. mishmear — Today at 2:59 PM
   [image: 🤷‍♂️]
   19. xloem — Today at 3:00 PM
   [image: 🤷‍♂️] cool
   20. mishmear — Today at 3:00 PM
   Is it custom firmware or?
   21. xloem — Today at 3:00 PM
   nah i just wanted to check checksums and manually reflash, might make
   custom firmware myself dunno
   22. [3:01 PM]
   i’ll paste it you, i’m at a library transferring with qr code
   23. [3:04 PM]

   https://dashcam-firmware.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/hdc/2023-09-10_3-3-17.raucb
   24. mishmear — Today at 3:46 PM
   That’s a super outdated firmware
   25. [3:46 PM]
   We are one 3.8.1
   26. xloem — Today at 3:47 PM
   yeah
   27. xloem — Today at 4:01 PM
   this is the update check url:
   https://hivemapper.com:8443/defaultflags?app_version=6.15.11
   28. [4:01 PM]
   in the source it also passes uniqueDeviceId and platform, but it seems
   to work without those
   29. [4:02 PM]
   in that you can see the later url of
   https://dashcam-firmware.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/hdc/2023-12-06_3-8-1.raucb
   30. mishmear — Today at 4:58 PM
   im on 3,8,7 im part of testing team
   31. xloem — Today at 5:15 PM
   i didn’t realize you could get unreleased firmwares this way 0_0
   32. [5:16 PM]
   if you send me your apk (edit: or whatever updates the device) i can
   possibly pull its update url out of it (edited)
   33. [5:16 PM]
   i’m learning to maybe build custom firmware
   34. mishmear — Today at 5:40 PM
   nah im ok thanks
   35. xloem — Today at 5:42 PM
   i tried 3.8.2 and found it on 12-07 (edited)
   36. [5:42 PM]
   do you have a way to flash them?
   37. xloem
   i tried 3.8.2 and found it on 12-07 (edited)
   xloem — Today at 5:43 PM
   bugs editing this (edit: seems fine now) (edited)
   38. mishmear — Today at 5:43 PM
   cool story bro
   39. xloem — Today at 5:44 PM
   [image: 🤷‍♂️] it isn’t hard to try
   40. [5:44 PM]
   oh bugs, no worries
   41. xloem — Today at 7:03 PM
   it’s hard for me to do things i learned not to do unless it’s very clear
   what they are, i’m sorry
   42. mishmear — Today at 7:04 PM
   Bro show me the alien
   43. xloem — Today at 7:04 PM
   [image: 🙂]
   44. mishmear — Today at 7:04 PM
   I love aliens!
   45. [7:04 PM]
   Can I see?
   46. xloem — Today at 7:05 PM
   it’s hard to know how to take it after so many years
   47. [7:05 PM]
   recently i made a python script that can run on android phones to
   livestream audio to arweave for free
   48. [7:06 PM]
   it’s the termux audio capture script at https://github.com/xloem/log (uses
   other packages i’ve made, takes dev experience)
   GitHub
   GitHub - xloem/log: Cross-platform recording
   <https://github.com/xloem/log>
   Cross-platform recording. Contribute to xloem/log development by
   creating an account on GitHub.

   <https://opengraph.githubassets.com/ea7c24b0582fe13f07abb36eac881e90d942181541d6ca43cc744f2acc912c24/xloem/log>
   [image: GitHub - xloem/log: Cross-platform recording]
   49. [7:06 PM]
   oops big media
   50. [7:07 PM]
   arweave’s main gateway recently got blocked heavily so they made a
   decentralized on-chain gateway registry
   51. [7:08 PM]
   recently i went to an anti-trafficking conference for law enforcement
   agents (as a victim, not an enforcer)
   52. mishmear — Today at 7:08 PM
   I don’t care about arweave show me the picture of the alien
   53. xloem — Today at 7:08 PM
   mm sounds like you want a pic of an extraterrestrial or an immigrant
   54. mishmear — Today at 7:09 PM
   Extraterrestrial
   55. xloem — Today at 7:09 PM
   i hit a surprise, guess it’s staying mine for now [?]
   56. [7:10 PM]
   the stuff inhibits bigger than it really is, so i have a big splash
   around me
   57. mishmear — Today at 7:10 PM
   Can I ask a serious question?
   58. xloem — Today at 7:10 PM
   where are you with AI?
   59. [7:10 PM]
   yeah
   60. mishmear — Today at 7:10 PM
   Are you a crack head?
   61. [7:10 PM]
   Or meth head?
   62. xloem — Today at 7:10 PM
   not yet
   63. mishmear — Today at 7:11 PM
   Be honest
   64. xloem — Today at 7:11 PM
   lemme ask a serious question
   65. [7:11 PM]
   how does it feel asking that?
   66. mishmear — Today at 7:11 PM
   Feels like I want to know the answer
   67. xloem — Today at 7:11 PM
   that’s the feeling for “asking” but not “that”
   68. [7:12 PM]
   anyway no it wasn’t a drug thing, although i know those exist
   69. mishmear — Today at 7:12 PM
   I mean now not then
   70. xloem — Today at 7:12 PM
   i’m sorry the world has so much pain
   71. mishmear — Today at 7:13 PM
   My world has no pain
   72. xloem — Today at 7:13 PM
   and i am sorry for inadvertently asking you to focus on it with me
   73. [7:13 PM]
   the world with much less pain is the real one
   74. [7:13 PM]
   it really is
   75. [7:13 PM]
   it doesn’t mean every world we find like that is
   76. [7:13 PM]
   but the real one, is the one without much pain
   77. mishmear — Today at 7:13 PM

   <https://tenor.com/view/wtf-bro-wtf-bro-gif-wtf-gif-joe-rogan-gif-11019578474369830715>
   78. xloem — Today at 7:14 PM
   be well and thank you for your strength
   79. [7:14 PM]
   the way to fight an AI is not against it
   80. mishmear — Today at 7:14 PM
   I’m not fighting ai [image: 😂]
   81. xloem — Today at 7:15 PM
   sorry, projecting my own experience. that’s wtf
   82. mishmear — Today at 7:15 PM
   Your fighting the math mate
   83. xloem — Today at 7:15 PM
   but the world is heavily influenced by AI this decade
   84. mishmear — Today at 7:15 PM
   Not yet
   85. xloem — Today at 7:15 PM
   the internet is not real — it’s a bunch of wires and lights
   86. mishmear — Today at 7:15 PM
   Ai is no way near as advanced as you think it is
   87. xloem — Today at 7:16 PM
   that’s the extraterrestrial, the advanced AI
   88. [7:17 PM]
   [image: 🙂] please understand i am saying irrational things to you that
   bear similarity to things i have trouble thinking about. they may bear
   similarity to you too, or may not.
   89. mishmear — Today at 7:18 PM
   They don’t have any similarity to anyone not on meth
   90. xloem — Today at 7:18 PM
   yeah i’ve been on that meth for 10 years, a methlord didn’t like me
   91. [7:20 PM]
   meth is so terrifying
   92. [7:22 PM]
   anyway if i can hack the AI chip in the dashcam maybe i can give
   everybody a [not-hyperintelligent sorry] virtual assistant, the docs for
   the chip say it will run any model (edited)
   93. mishmear
   I’m not fighting ai [image: 😂]
   xloem — Today at 7:27 PM
   sorry i misinterpreted you
   94. [7:27 PM]
   you’re working with AI, it has your back