1984: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 23:48:29 PDT 2023

That the shadow elite have let so many of
their plans spill out into effect all at once all
around the world tells its messed up, and
since cards are always held in reserve, it
will likely get much more bizarre restrictive
and dangerous. Prepare and or fight back if you can.

Glenn Greenwald @ggreenwald @SystemUpdate_

Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
12h
Totally: the best way for a news outlet like @NPR to show they're not
beholden to the US government and are unbiased is to have the WH Press
Secretary rise to her feet in defense of NPR and heap praise on their
great reporting:
RNC Research
593
2,358
177
12,082
323,938
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
11h
Truly independent outlets anger the state. They often end up where
Biden DOJ has put Assange, not showered with praise by WH Press
Secretary. When is the last time NPR did reporting that angered the
Biden WH, FBI, CIA, NSA, etc? NPR does this for CIA:
npr.org/2022/04/14/109290451…
In rare public speech, the CIA director spoke about the spy agency's
role in Ukraine

CIA Director Bill Burns made a rare public speech Thursday and talked
about the agency's role in Ukraine. Also, hundreds of suspected
Russian spies have been kicked out of embassies in Europe.
npr.org
28
251
4
1,642
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
11h
Here's a self-proclaimed "disinformation expert" affiliated with a DoD
program also leaping to NPR's defense. Scratch a self-proclaimed
"disinformation expert" and one finds USG ties. Note how many state
functionaries are vehemently defending NPR.
Caroline Orr Bueno, Ph.D @RVAwonk
18h
Wow, way to make this label meaningless. NPR is absolutely not even
comparable to propaganda outlets like RT & Sputnik, which have no
editorial independence. This is ridiculous and only helps actual
propaganda outlets blend in with legitimate news outlets.
19
255
5
1,423
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
11h
Alex Rubinstein
@RealAlexRubi
13h
Replying to @RVAwonk
I do not work for any outlet funded by Russia. You, however, are
DoD-affiliated media
6
109
850
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
11h
LOL - I forgot about this. There's no industry more intrinsically
fraudulent than "disinformation experts." It's a scam expertise and so
of course it's filled with scam artists and grifters, many of whom are
lined up defending the über-independent NPR:
Michael Tracey
@mtracey
Replying to @mtracey
Was just reminded of some "disinformation" perpetuated by @RVAwonk:
when she bilked her Twitter followers out of $$$ for a trip to sunny
Hawaii to "investigate" Tulsi Gabbard. Still no word on how that trip
went. Hilariously, the GoFundMe page is still up
Show this thread
24
186
2
1,199
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
10h
Are there any self-proclaimed "disinformation experts" who *don't* get
funding, directly or indirectly, from the US Security State?
Esha K 🥭 @eshaLegal
10h
Just going to set this here. Caroline Orr Bueno is funded by the
Department of Defense..
25
214
1,258
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
9h
NPR has an article complaining that Twitter now characterizes it as
"US state-affiliated media." To prove that they are not, they cite the
fact that WH Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre today "defended NPR's
journalism." Strange choice. npr.org/2023/04/05/116815854…
57
346
22
2,230
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
9h
Amazing: NPR, in trying to argue it's not-state affiliated, didn't
only cite the praise of the WH press secretary for its "journalism."
It also cited this bullshit self-proclaimed "disinformation expert"
who works in a program funded by the Pentagon:
npr.org/2023/04/05/116815854…
58
301
15
1,557
Glenn Greenwald retweeted
Michael Tracey
@mtracey
9h
Another day, another round of blatantly false information peddled by
"disinformation" experts. The Corporation for Public Broadcasting
publishes financial statements itemizing the "state-funding" it
receives and disperses to NPR. The money is literally appropriated by
Congress
Caroline Orr Bueno, Ph.D @RVAwonk
10h
Just so we’re all clear: NPR is not state-funded nor do they take
editorial direction from the government. Less than 1% of NPR's annual
operating budget comes from government grants and other federal
agencies and departments. It’s publicly funded, not state-funded.
124
893
68
3,495
Show this thread
Glenn Greenwald retweeted
System Update @SystemUpdate_
Apr 5
🚨TRUMP'S INDICTMENT UNSEALED How a Democratic Manhattan DA—for
blatantly political reasons—transformed what is *at best* a single
misdemeanor into 34 felony charges against Donald Trump.
31
169
12
537
13,629
Show this thread
Glenn Greenwald retweeted
Stephen L. Miller
@redsteeze
15h
"Holding the powerful accountable"
John Lansing
@johnlansing
15h
NPR stands for freedom of speech & holding the powerful accountable. A
vigorous, vibrant free press is essential to the health of our
democracy. My full statement on the recent inaccurate Twitter label
below:
75
684
33
3,533
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
13h
🇧🇷🇺🇸 Comparing the charges brought against Lula when he was
leading the presidential polls to the ones brought against Trump:
Comparação das acusações feitas contra Lula quando liderava as
pesquisas eleitorais com as feitas contra Trump [LEGENDADO]:
rumble.com/v2gdnwu-legendado…
[🇧🇷LEGENDADO] Trump Indictment Mirrors Lava-Jato Lawfare Against Lula

This is a clip from our show SYSTEM UPDATE, now airing every weeknight
at 7pm ET on Rumble. You can watch the full episode for FREE here:
https://rumble.com/v2fispq--system-update-63.html Now availabl
rumble.com
35
68
4
438
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
13h
The main difference: had Lula done what they claimed, those would be
serious crimes. Even if Trump did everything alleged, it's not a
felony. A principal diferença: se Lula tivesse feito o que alegam,
seriam crimes graves. Mesmo que Trump tenha feito tudo, nem é um crime
grave.
20
37
252
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
15h
There is no bullshit more transparent and theatrical than the pretense
that the 2 parties in DC are radically different and can't get along
on anything. Dem Congressman Tom @Malinowski used to work for Human
Rights Watch and the Obama State Dept. He lost in 2022. His new job:
104
689
31
2,696
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
15h
Victoria Nuland worked for the Clinton Admin, then served as Dick
Cheney's Senior Advisor on the Iraq War, then worked for the Hillary
and Kerry State Depts under Obama, running Ukraine, now runs Ukraine
for Biden. The only time she wasn't in power was under Trump.
111
462
40
1,644
26,245
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
15h
Provided one stays within the boundaries of the key pieties of the
establishment wings of the two parties, then they are 100% fine and
acceptable. Pelosi and Schumer are as good as McConnell and Jeb Bush.
It's only those who question those, in either party, on whom war is
waged
31
139
5
787
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
16h
My primary objection to the Trump indictment:
System Update @SystemUpdate_
16h
“If you’re going to bring a case against a former president… You need
to make certain that you’re doing it in the most apolitical way
possible… only where there are serious charges... & a clear cut law
that you can claim has been violated. None of those is true in this
case.”
Show this thread
61
272
6
1,322
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
16h
I posted an exchange I had with a reader-critic by email regarding his
critiques of my views on trans issues, which he says I very rarely
discuss. I took the opportunity to explain what those views actually
are. Note the civil debate among commenters:
greenwald.locals.com/post/37…
Exchange with Critic on Trans Issues

Connect with Glenn and other members of Glenn Greenwald community
greenwald.locals.com
57
94
14
858
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
16h
The thing I most valued about digital-era journalism from my start was
the ability/need to interact with readers. Monologue-journalism died.
You can maintain civil debates even on the most inflammatory issues if
you confine it to those invested in the community (subscribers).
14
27
1
318
Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
16h
Listen to the person who is paid $30 million a year by Comcast for
feeding lies to the planet's most partisan liberals -- she's the one
who last night said MSNBC would refuse to allow Trump to be heard
because she fears the cost of broadcasting lies:
Five Times August
247
547
65