alt.cypherpunks

Faux Dameron fauxdameron at mailfence.com
Sat May 30 10:49:32 PDT 2020

Hello all,

This is my first time posting, but I've been subscribed for months and I
even occasionally read some of the mails.

I've been reading the really old Usenet messages from people like Tim
May (RIP) and while I think a lot of it is inane BS, a lot of it is very
interesting especially in the pre-bitcoin speculation about what a
digital currency would be like.

I have two questions, why did the group die and what needs to happen to
bring it back? Afterall, you can still get usenet access for free if you
look for it and as long as you know how to create filters/killfiles, the
spam problem really isn't that bad.

FD