present extant Rus deltas: Orlov thinkaroo - [PEACE]

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Wed Jan 22 15:07:08 PST 2020

  Life After Putin
  https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/life-after-putin
  http://cluborlov.blogspot.com/2020/01/life-after-putin.html#more

      Putin will step down as president after his current term,
      which will end in 2024 unless an early election is held, but
      the system he has put in place will stay in place.

    Essentially, life after Putin will be more Putin under a
    different name.

    - Dual citizens and holders of foreign residency permits will now
      be barred from holding official positions within the Russian
      Federation. In addition, 25 years of Russian residency will be
      required of anyone running for President instead of the current
      10. This may seem like a minor change, but it is causing
      Russia’s fifth-columnists and members of the liberal opposition
      to tear their hair out while gnashing their teeth because most
      of the current ones will be automatically disqualified from
      holding office while any future ones will be forced to choose
      between serving Russia and having a bug-out plan. More
      specifically, given their new outsider status, their Western
      masters will consider them useless and will no longer funnel
      funds to them or offer them free regime change training. This
      approach is sure to be more effective than the current, more
      labor-intensive one of playing whack-a-mole with
      foreign-financed NGOs and foreign agents attempting to
      infiltrate Russia’s government. Personally, I’ll miss having
      some of these miscreants around. They have provided quite a bit
      of entertainment, adding an element of stark raving lunacy to
      what is otherwise a rather stolid and detail-oriented political
      process.

    The last, and perhaps the most controversial suggestion I would
    like to make is to consider defining lawful, constitutional
    procedures for political self-determination, which is likewise an
    internationally recognized legal principle. The borders of the
    Russian Federation are, in some cases, the end product of a
    series of errors made during the Soviet era. During the
    post-Soviet era some of these have been remedied, after a
    fashion, and the regions in question have become de facto
    independent: Transnistria split off from Moldova and has been de
    facto independent for 28 years; Abkhazia from Georgia for 26
    years; South Ossetia from Georgia for 12; Donetsk and Lugansk
    from the Ukraine for six. In many ways they have already been
    functioning as parts of the Russian Federation. But there is no
    constitutional mechanism for resolving this situation de jure by
    allowing them to determine their status in accordance with
    international law and to petition the Russian Federation for
    incorporation.

    When it comes to questions of self-determination, double
    standards abound. When Kosovo seceded from Serbia, no specific
    democratic procedures were followed, yet no questions were asked
    or even allowed. But when Crimea voted overwhelmingly to secede
    from the Ukraine and rejoin Russia, this was considered to be
    illegal and resulted in international sanctions that are in place
    to this day. Given the extreme level of rancor on this issue
    internationally, this may be an extreme stretch goal, but at some
    point a solution will have to be arrived at for adjudicating the
    status of territories that have been de facto independent for
    decades, and for their subsequent entirely voluntary inclusion in
    the Russian Federation.