IQNets: user classes, network locality, quid pro quo, torrents at core, on gaming reputation

Punk - Stasi 2.0 punks at tfwno.gf
Thu Oct 24 12:46:44 PDT 2019

On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 22:49:48 +1100
Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:

> Classes of nodes (from a node's perspective):
>
>   - direct friend nodes with a meat space asserted trust level, which
>     may be anywhere on the trust axis - both above and below zero

	you can have the option to mark nodes as 'trusted' or 'friends' but I don't think the network can or should be built assuming that there are 'trusted' nodes.  So, no not a 'friend to friend' network.

> Storage metrics, just as with network metrics, are also maintained in
> order to establish fairness - quid pro quo.

	storage of what

> The internet as it was conceived has core design principles which are
> desirable for robustness and censorship resistance, such as peer to
> peer communications and flexible routing.

	the internet is a global spying machine with close ties to the worst scum on the planet, the US military and accomplices. So I highly doubt that 'censorship resistance' has fuck to do with any 'core desing principle'

	Anyway, that's off topic. I strongly suggest you focus on the main issue at hand : how to use cover traffic to make something that isn't as shitty as tor.

> In other words, the goal is high speed and relatively efficient
> network utilization

	The goal is a safe space for criminals, both imaginary(govt designated) and real criminals.

	And in order to make something that's better than 'low latency' networks speed and efficiency proably have to be sacrificed or traded off.

> I.e. "large file distribution" is a first class citizen in the IQNets
> network.  With a shout out to cypherpunk Juan for suggesting the idea.

	the idea is hardly mine at all - and while I think that yes file sharing as cover traffic makes sense, it won't necessariyl be high speed file sharing for fucktards who want to download the latest disney movie in ultra super highest quality.