Postgrey (Re: impersonating Juan, a quick test)

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Sat Jul 20 13:33:37 PDT 2019

On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 03:35:13PM -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> Gmail threw these status 4.4.1 delays for one message
> to cypherpunks at cpunks.org over the last few
> days before ultimately failing...
>
> Diagnostic-Code: smtp; The recipient server did not accept our
> requests to connect. Learn more at
> https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7720
>  [mail.pglaf.org. 2604:3200:0:3:21e:67ff:fe86:ff9c: timed out]

Sorry about that! I screwed up the DNS for the PGLAF server, and basically had IPv6 partially configured.

I think it's now fixed. The good news is dual stack (IPv6 and IPv4) is now enabled.

Why was I making changes? Because the afore-mentioned lifetime free service from Oracle emailed me on July 16, saying that I was using too many DNS queries. It wasn't clear whether they would bill me, or just refuse to handle requests beyond the number allowed.

So, I moved pglaf.org to Cloudflare, but neglected to move all of the entries. Plus I created a nice new IPv6 entry for Mail Exchange (MX record) but didn't configure Postfix to actually utilize IPv6.

So, my fault. Let me know of any other anomalies... I hope that there were proper bounce messages, for anything that didn't get through.